Monday, January 02, 2006

Tired & Inspired!

I'm tired man. Tired. Mainly because I cut wood for my dad yesterday. Dad had heart surgery right during elk season last fall. Quadruple bypass. So he can't lift much right now. So yesterday I went over to his house and took my Stihl MS 260 Pro chainsaw and dominated some downed hickorys like Ali whupin' up on Sonny Liston.

Let me tell you something straight up. If you ever have a need to recapture your manhood. If you ever feel boxed in from Corporate America. Strap on your boots, grab a chain saw, and let 'er eat man. Then, grab that Maul and start splitting that stuff - busting it up like a smart bomb on Al Qaeda.

I'm tired, too, because of all the work involved in starting a ministry that's never been attempted before. Man, I'm meeting with business consultants, marketing firms, lawyers who have to set up the documents for tax purposes ... dude ... I am a fish out of water.

Yet we've got to do this thing right. Not just legally, but to also get the word out there to the believers who love to hunt and fish. It's so weird in that it's so much fun and yet so exhausting at the same time. Better than having a job you hate, right?!

Today I watched John McLean talk abou fly fishing. You may have heard of John, and probably don't remember it. Ever seen "A River Runs Through It"? John is the actual son of Normal McLean, played by Tom Scaritt (the father and Presbyterian pastor). Norman wrote A River Runs Through It.

I had a thought. A good one I hope.

Much of our outdoor ministry will revolve around, in some shape of form, film production. Making DVD's for outdoor ministry purposes. They will have 2 purposes. Some will be purely designed to share the gospel with outdoorsmen, some will be for bible studies.

That's right. Hopefully by the year end of year 2, we will have a full line of DVD's that will have one full year of bible study material just for guys who like to hunt and fish.

So here's my thought. I'm going to do a DVD bible study for Fly Fisherman. I love to fly fish, and have for years.

Recently I talked with a guide, a friend up in Montana. He suggested we look at the Northwestern section near Missoula. All kinds of rivers run through there.

So I'm thinking that the summer will afford me a little time to film. I'm thinking about traveling to that Mecca of Missoula, and shooting on location there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home