Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Road Trippin'



I just got back from Orlando. Had to teach a few conferences for LifeWay there. They have this thing called "Rec Lab" - it's their national conference for Recreation Ministers. I taught some sessions on how to reach guys who love to hunt and fish. The guy who leads this area is John Garner, and he's a good friend of mine. Just like me in many respects - (well, except he's a lot older and has less hair) - he loves to be creative and find new ways to do ministry. Neither one of us are good at details!!

Dude ... we picked up 78 new churches into our network. Beyond belief. That puts us now in 35 states across the USA in only 3 years of operation. I can't believe that.

It was hard being away from my family for 6 days. Really hard.

I feel so sorry for people who have to travel all the time - like every week - for their jobs. I cannot imagine living out of hotels, no matter how nice they are. Pretty soon they all start to look alike.

* by the way - don't think I love to look at my own picture. I posted this one again because I am having trouble figuring out how to use this BLOG's server and this was the only way I could figure it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home