Thursday, January 12, 2006

Look It In The Teeth

Today I talked with two major industry magazines in the hunting world. They are looking at doing a "human interest" feature on our outdoor ministry. Man, exposure is such a huge deal to any organization, especially our's given that it's new.

I can't tell you how much I hope they follow through with it. It would be such a gift from God. I find myself constantly wondering if our marketing budget will do the job the first year. I sure hope it does.

I think it's neat how many people have seemed so genuinely interested in this thing. It's never been done before, and I guess that's what makes it cool. I have to admit, though, I often get nervous, and I'm not a nervous person.

It's just that there are so many things at stake. I want to be sure that God gets full credit for all the good things that are happening to us, so I don't want to fail Him on that one. Then there is the fact that you have a family to take care of. Don't want to drop the ball there either. Plus, there's your financial backers. Their money is such a humbling gift and I have such respect for their backing.

That's faith though man. It's how it works. I've been thinking a whole lot about Moses lately. That dude must have been scared, too. Leaving the familiar. God is big enough - we certainly know that. Trust is hard though. Even for those of us who usually don't worry too much.

I'm just going to treat this whole thing like a junk yard dawg. Look it in the teeth and get to fighting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home