Saturday, July 15, 2006

Me & Dad


Just yesterday I had a conversation with yet another friend who told me he never really had that great of a realtionship with his dad.

It's amazing. The longer I live the more I find that the relationship I have with my dad is so unique in the grand picture of life. One of my friends is a fella who actually started Promise Keepers - Dave Wardell. Dave is the co-founder, along with Coach McCartney. Dave told me that if a guy has a really close relationship with his father, it puts him in about the top 3% of men in the nation.

I know it is kind of up close and personal, but I'd love to see what some of you guys have to say about this issue. What's it been like for you?

Most importantly, if you are in the majority of the crowd who had a strained or somewhat disconnected relationship with your dad, what are you specifically doing to change that life pattern with your kids?

Hey - headed to Montana with Dad tomorrow to film "Polarized: Looking At Life From God's Perspective." It's a dvd-based study using fly fishing. It will be out sometime later this year.

And you heard it here first! Always a good reason to check the blog!

I'll be AUDIO blogin' this week keeping you posted on what's happening with the filming and what the action is like on the blue ribbon streams of the Big Blackfoot, the Bitterroot, the Clark Fork, and the St. Regis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home