Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Clock Is Ticking

Today my dad and I were looking around these little shops in "downtown" Leipers Fork, TN. Downtown Leipers is akin to Mayberry! It's cool though. I go there often. Eat at Pucketts if you want some good Southern cookin'. We went into this shop where this guy makes flintlock rifles. If you're not familiar, they are old school rifles, like Davy Crockett would use. Now you get the picture, right?!

There on the window ledge was a stack of Sportsman's Bibles. The bible that I designed. I couldn't believe it. This bible has been out over a year, and I continue to find it so weird to see something you did in the stores. I still can't get use to it. Publishing a bible was one of the coolest honors I've had in my life. Very humbling.

Still, I'm nervous. The clock is ticking. Only fourteen hours until I tell my church that I'm stepping down as pastor. It's been on my mind all week. It's flooded my thoughts every hour of today. I'm so confident in what God is doing with Outdoor Ministry Network. It's just that I really love my church, and I just want this to be the right move for everyone involved.

When people say that real men cry, I won't go that far. That is, I'm no cry baby. I do believe however that a man should not be afraid to cry, so I hope that I keep it together tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home