Sunday, January 15, 2006

Losing Weight In One Day

Well I did it. Cut the cord.

I told my church of where God was leading me in my path in following the call for Christ. I didn't flip out and was able to share with them my heart for where God was taking me. They were very supportive. And I don't think that anybody was really shocked. They'd watched this thing take form over the last 3 years.

After the service was over and everyone was leaving, I made the walk toward my office. The thought occurred to me that I felt 20 pounds lighter. All day I felt this heavy fog over me; knowing it was the thing to do, yet knowing that I'm launching out in a new direction that is different than my current church setting.

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless

mynewsbot.com

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,

It has been a joy getting to know you. You have a "servant's heart". I know that it was difficult to leave your post at Belmont. However, by pursuing outdoor ministry full time, you are simply being obedient to God's call.

It is amazing what we can accomplish when we follow His direction as opposed to our own.

Keep fighting the good fight...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home