Friday, March 24, 2006

My Last Sermon ... For A While

This is no normal weekend for me.

The thing about being a preacher is that no matter what's going on in life, Sunday's coming!

You can go to the Caymans if you want; head to the Rockies for a ski trip. Fine. Great. Sunday's coming. And it's not that it's a bad thing, it's just that it can wear on you.

This Sunday I'll preach my last sermon at Belmont Heights. I'm calling it "What Every Pastor Wished Every Christian Knew: Helping You Help Your Next Pastor." I figure that I can give all my church family an inside look at a pastor's life and what he goes through.

I know that some pastors read this BLOG. I'd be interested to see your thoughts on the grind preaching can bring. I know we all love it. Yet I heard a guy say it this way one time: it's not that I get tired of it, I get tired from it.

They are having a party for me after church. You think it could be a "holy cow I'm glad he's gone" party??!!!! No. Really, it's a super gesture.

We leave straight from there and head to Mississippi to film another week of turkey hunting. Jason Brooks, our Kentucky State Ministry Field Rep will be my camera man. I hope we get on some birds; we need the footage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home