Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Enemy At The Gates

Today I must set up our Outdoor Ministry Network booth at the annual convention of the National Wild Turkey Federation. Now most likely if you're reading this you are at least interested in the outdoors, so you may know about the NWTF. If not, let me tell you man, it's the coolest form of chaos you'll ever experience.

40,000 ... yes, all the zeros are there ... 40k turkey hunters will descend upon the host city, this year right here in Nashville, to see all the new products, book hunts, meet the celebrities they see on TV, and visit all the vendors who are able to sell them all sorts of gear right on the spot.

So we set up our OMN booth, to promote our ministry efforts, yes, but mainly to pass out a tract I had printed called, "The Turkey Hunter's 10 Commandments." We'll pass out around 4500 of those jokers. So basically, we'll cover more than 10% of the crowd with a gospel tract. Not bad when you realize that we can't blanket the crowd, they must walk by us.

The bad news ... it's Thursday, and I'm fighting off a sinus infection that I've had since Tuesday night. Antibiotics are kicking in finally. I know it's the enemy, because this is our biggest show of the year; plus, this is our first year of full time ministry, and this show kicks off some of our new capabilities to help outdoorsmen and churches use the woods and water to share Christ.

I'm praying over it. Just wanting God to give me the strength to make it through these next 4 days. I'm praying for a good show, too. We need a good launch.

I met with my fellas about our Hooked Tournament. We've decided that it would be best to gather sponsorship this year, and do the tourney next year, given that at all costs we want to host a quality event. Make a big impression the first time out. So therefore we must do all the prep work.

It's 5:45 am ... so I'd better get on it. We've got a lot of set up to do today.

We've got a new display for our booth, made by Old Timer Log Homes. It's really cool looking. I can't wait to set it up and see it. It looks like the front porch of a log cabin.

2 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Exciting news. Be sure to give us an update every day to let usknow how things are going. I'd love to see some pics too.

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Jason Cruise said...

Spin ... couldn't agree more. Face to face may be old fashioned, but there's no substitute.

Abraham Lincoln once said, "Loyalty is most often won in private conversation."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home