Saturday, February 11, 2006

No Limit Texas Hold 'Em

Leaving Vegas today.

I was eating dinner with 2 guys last night who are believers. One of them, John Thompson, put it well. He said, "I feel like I have been visually assaulted." We had a good laugh. He's right, though. If you've ever been to Vegas, you know that there are, literally, waht you might call 85% naked women everywhere. The streets are littered full with these little pamphlets showing women that have censored body parts; censoring just enough not to get fined by the local government. On the billboards, on the back of taxi's there are advertisements - everywhere.

I thought to myself last night as I was walking over to the Bellagio, "I'll never let my son come here until he's old enough to handle this." I honestly can't imagine trying to raise a child in Vegas, and yet there's stuff to do for clean fun; it's just that you can't ever get away from the not-so-clean stuff.

So get this: I had never been inside the Bellagio. Wanted to see it. They all pretty much look the same really. The thing that was really interesting was this Friday and Saturday No Limit Texas Hold 'Em poker tournament. It takes place every weekend. That place was packed. Probably 500 players or more. The thing that struck me was how expensive it was. 1000 just to "buy in" to the game, plus no hand ever played under $60.

And the stacks of chips people were housing was amazing. They wouldn't let you stand too close, but I could visually add up some of them, and I saw at least several thousand dollars being put in the the game by several players ... at every table. Unreal. You know they are going into some major debt to do this becasue there are not a ton of high rollers in Vegas at any given time.

My non-gambling expedition to Vegas' Shot Show went well. Secured a few more sponsors. One I'm really excited about; tell you about that one when we get the deal sealed.

Leavin' on a jet plane here in a few hours.
Can't wait to see my boy, and my woman, who is also my wife!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home