Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Big Meeting Today

Today I've got a big meeting with my publisher. We are looking at a 3rd book to publish. I'm really excited about it. It's going to be the first of it's kind really. I hope we can land on a concept that will work well. Wish I could tell you what it is - but I will here soon I hope.

In fact, I'm going to self-publish it if I must. It's just such a unique idea that I am absolutely certain people in my niche of life would dig it like a shovel.

It's so weird being an "author." Honest. I never really saw myself that way. It just kind of happened. The fact that anybody would want to read something you write is pretty humbling if you ask me.

My dad ask me once, "What do you think motivates an author to write?"

Dude, I could only think of one response, "Authors think that people need to hear what you've got to say!"

It's the truth though, right? It's not stuck up to think that. I mean, everyone else is talking, you just want to make your opinion official!! So you convince publishers that they should print your opinion for all the masses to read. It's pretty funny if you think about it.

I can't imagine what it must be like to be a real author, though. Like a Tom Clancy, or maybe a Rick Warren, or someone like that. Somebody who wrote stuff that millions have read. That must be tough to do. To handle all of it. I'm glad I'm not like a Hemmingway, because that would mean I'd be doing some pretty nifty BLOGing given that I'd be dead!!!

You know, there's a verse that's been stuck in my mind like glue on the bottom of your shoe.

By the way, don't you wish people would throw their used gum in a place where you, the innocent pedestrian, won't have to carry it along with you for the next 3 days! Come on people.

Anyway, it's Proverbs 16:2. It says that all of our ways are innocent in our own eyes, but the Lord weighs the motive.

Man, that's huge. Very sobering. I tell you this: God has really used that Scripture a lot in my life over the past two years. The deal is, He can make anything successful.

The real question is, "why am I doing this?" No matter if it's job related, hobbies, relationships ... motives matter to God in some big ways. I think it's because motives reveal the true nature of your heart. They are mirrors of who you are personally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home